I know pancake day was yesterday but to me, that occasion calls for either fluffy American pancakes or crepes – the real deal.
However, a friend of mine made these babies for me a couple of weeks ago and they were super easy to make and absolutely delicious! So if you’re feeling a little guilty after a Nutella/sugar overload, why not give them a go for an almost guilt-free treat (whether it’s half-term or not):
Serves: 4 people (or 1 if you’re not feeling generous)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 heaped tablespoon of smooth peanut butter (or you could try almond or cashew nut butter)
2 tsp butter (or coconut oil)
– Chop the banana and add to a food processor with all the other ingredients except the butter/coconut oil
– Heat a large pan and start to melt the butter/coconut oil
– As the pan heats, blend your ingredients until they form a batter like texture. Taste and add more cinnamon if you wish
– Add the mixture to the pan, creating pancakes that are about 4 inches across. Of course, the bigger the pan the more you can add at one time
– Top with blueberries, yogurt or syrup and start munching!
The original recipe can found here: http://fitterlondon.co.uk/food/banana-peanut-butter-pancakes-with-maple-syrup/